Jehan Ara is the President of the Pakistan Software Houses Association for IT & ITES (P@SHA). She has been spearheading efforts at P@SHA for the past 14 years during which time she was responsible for developing the P@SHA brand and for creating linkages between P@SHA and local and international partners.
Jehan has over 30 years experience in Marketing, Communications and interactive New media in Hong Kong, the Far East, the UAE and Pakistan. She is a motivator, an entrepreneur, a social activist and a strong propagator of extending the power and use of Information and Communication Technologies beyond pure traditional business, to empower and enable communities. She is a regular speaker at seminars and conferences and at colleges and universities across Pakistan and internationally. She also writes for various industry publications.
During her 14 years at P@SHA, Jehan has initiated and worked on many initiatives in the startup and entrepreneurial space. Her latest initiative is the setting up of a technology incubator in Karachi, a city of 25 million – The Nest i/o - in collaboration of Google for Entrepreneurs and Samsung and support from the US Department of State.
Advocacy through the use of cutting edge technology is one of Jehan Ara’s passions.Multi-stakeholder backed Cyber Crime, Privacy and Data Protection legislation and Internet Freedom are some of the things she is advocating for.
- Institute of Business Administration (IBA) – Advisory Board Member
- Punjab Information Technology Board Plan 9 Incubator – Advisory Board Member
- LUMS Center for Entrepreneurship – Advisory Board Member of “The Foundation”
- Habib University - Advisory Board Member
- NUST Industry Advisory Board
- Biztek Industry Advisory Board
- IBA Sukkur Advisory Board
- NED University ORIC Advisory Board
- Education Innovation Alliance – Member
- President of Bolo Bhi – a research-backed advocacy organization
- Member - World Bank Gender Advisory Board